-->

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Meet the Staff: Amy Greer

 

MEET THE STAFF: Amy Greer 

Title:  Homeless Prevention Case Manager

Hometown:  Lafayette IN

Years Working for Origin: 1.75

Favorite Hobby:  Shopping                                                 

1.     What drew you to Origin SC originally? And how has the organization changed since?  I was drawn to the organization when I was in college and saw a presentation from Kristin about the programs and services Origin offers and thought it would be a good place to work.

      What has surprised you the most about working at Origin SC? The amount of people who need our services from housing, debt management, homeless prevention, representative payee and conservator all serve a vital role in the community and allowing people who might not be able to flourish without assistance flourish,

3.    What is an experience that has really shaped who you are? Taking care of my dad who passed away in 2016 of Alzheimer's. I had to learn compassion, how to handle someone else money, how to work with debt collections, how social security works, how to be an advocate. But most of all how to talk to people with out making them feel dumb when they did not know or understand something. It gave me a deeper understanding that people need to be loved right where they are and learning to communicate love to them is a despite intellectual barriers is vital for successful relationships.

4.     How has Origin SC helped you in your career development? I love getting to learn to do new things from working in debt management and helping to digitize the program, then working in homeless prevention and RepPayee I am learning to work with Social Security and filling out reports, also I get to work with people finding solutions to rental issues. So I have learned a lot of things and somehow information I have learned despite the job I still use to help the clients I serve.

5.     What is one thing that you are most proud of? Getting my bachelor’s degree before I turned 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment