3-4 carrots, diced ½ white onion, diced 3-4 celery stalks, diced 2 tablespoons butter 7 cups chicken broth Fresh parsley, chopped 3 cups egg noodles, dry 1 lb. chicken, cooked and diced ¼ cup butter ¼ cup flour 2 cups whole milk 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add carrots, onions and celery and saute until tender.
- Add in chicken broth and fresh parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in noodles and cook until noodles are tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in flower and whisk constantly for about 1½
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a light boil.
- Boil lightly until sauce thickens, continue stirring.
- Pour sauce into chicken noodle soup and stir until combined.
- Add in cooked diced chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Funnel Cake Bites
1 egg, beaten 2 tablespoons canola oil 4 tablespoons butter, melted 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional) 2 cups milk (I used almond milk) 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted 2 teaspoons baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt Canola oil, for frying Powdered sugar