-->

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Stories of Hope!

It has now been just a little over a year since the Corona-Virus was declared as a global health emergency. In February, we asked you all to share your greatest transformation/adaptation in the last year along with any positive stories & messages of hope, faith, or aspiration that we could share with our community. Thank you everyone for sharing! Now it is time for us to share these messages and stories with you. We are all in this together and we rise by lifting one another.

How have you stayed busy (safely) during the last year of the pandemic?

·     “Tennis, hiking, and reading. Ok - some mindless TV as well.”

·     “I've kept busy by writing and phone calls sharing an encouraging message of hope…” 

·     “Be a light to others, be encouraging and helpful. Doing good things and enjoying the gift of life.”

·     “I have stayed busy with my kids keeping me busy mostly. I have been dealing with many health issues including stage 3 kidney failure but i continue to hold my head up and fight until I can get a transplant from the list or find a living donor.”

 

Did you gain any new hobbies during the last year of the pandemic? (If yes, then what?)

·     “Hiking has become a new hobby and love during the COVID time. We started hiking on the Palmetto Trail here in Charleston along the coast and have hiked into a new area of the state. Additionally, the "dream" of hiking the Appalachian Trail started in August with one weekend a month and I am so looking forward to the weather changing and the next section in late March.”

·     “I have learned more and have tried new ways of cooking things as I want to expand my culinary horizon.”

 

Did you learn something new or try something new during the last year of the pandemic? (If yes, then what?)

·     “I have always loved the outdoors and sports but having the time and opportunity to hike has enriched my life and given me a new perspective for nature. Keeping safe and distancing from my more regular hobbies allowed me the chance to go for a walk in the woods. This has made me sane, happy, healthier, and more optimistic about life.”

 

We want to hear what was your greatest adaptation/transformation/ adjustment/modification during the pandemic:

·     “Work has been a large adaptation as we as recreation professionals have learned how to navigate new protocols in bringing people together but in a safe way. I have enjoyed my job more in the last 12 months than I have in a long time just trying to become more essential to the people we serve.”

·     “Having looked up the information that was given me, I've been uplifted and encouraged to look forward to better times ahead with confidence all the Bible says will come to be.”

·     “Taking care of myself quickly became a priority as much as I take care of others. I had to learn how to put myself first and that that was ok.”

·     “My biggest change would have to be the schooling from home as I had to go back and relearn some things myself. It is definitely not the same as the way I learned it years ago."

 

Do you have a positive story to come out of the last year of the pandemic? (If so, please share below)

·     “Everything has been positive but I have become closer to family and gained friends from this pandemic as we are all in this together. Life is too short to let many things get us down.”







 

No comments:

Post a Comment