Job Title: Group Facilitator
Hometown: Brooklyn, CT
Years Volunteering for Origin: 3
Favorite Hobby: Master Gardener
Fun Fact: I prefer a ponytail, jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops.
1) Please explain your role as a volunteer at this agency.
I am honored to Co-Facilitate the Women’s Empowerment Group with Hailey Lapa.
2) What do you enjoy most about volunteering for the Family Violence Intervention Program or about volunteering in general?
I enjoy the process of watching the group participants take the knowledge we provide them and transform their lives. Moving from victim to empowered woman.
3) What has surprised you the most during your time as a volunteer?
It surprises me that the women who put on the toughest front are the ones who transform the most!
4) What is an experience that has really shaped who you are?
The experience of building a relationship with God, daily gratitude and humbling grace
5) What is one thing that you are most proud of?
I am most proud of living with integrity and steadfastness to character despite the challenges that come my way.