-->

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Giving Tuesday 2020

 What is Giving Tuesday?

Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to give. 

When is Giving Tuesday?

Giving Tuesday 2020 is Tuesday, December 1st 2020.

How is Origin SC participating in Giving Tuesday and how can you help?

This year for Giving Tuesday, Origin SC is raising funds for our FVIP (Family Violence Intervention Program). With your support, Origin SC’s Family Violence Intervention Program continues to make progress towards ending the cycle of domestic violence. Your gift directly supports victims of domestic violence on their path to becoming SURVIVORS. We know one of the major factors that often prevents victims from leaving their abuser is a lack of financial stability. Your contribution enables us to help provide supportive services to victims of domestic violence that help them achieve emotional and financial stability. Your unrestricted donation to Origin SC can help raise awareness about domestic violence and strengthen financial stability in the community creating a healthier local (and personal) economy. 

Donate NOW: https://originsc.networkforgood.com/projects/112712-family-violence-intervention-program-everyday-giving

Origin SC – FVIP Program Overview & Success Stories

At Origin SC, we offer group workshops and individual counseling for those who have experienced violence or abuse in the home. We know that the first step to healing is asking for help and, when that happens, we’ll be there to offer support and guidance. Each client is seen for an individual assessment to determine their specific needs. Once needs are determined, each client receives a treatment plan and is seen either in a group or individual setting.

Our programs include:

We understand the various dynamics influencing life situations, and are prepared to take on even the most challenging circumstances.

Below are two testimonials from recent graduates of the program.

“At first I didn’t realize why I needed classes. As the classes went on, I was shocked at how much I have learned and needed to learn about myself. I learned self- care is very important, as a mother of four I forgot about myself. These classes gave me my life and my self-worth back. They taught me it’s ok to start over if needed. The financial class taught me budgeting and savings ideas. My counselor gave me many resources. Learning about the different types of abuse helped me a lot. Setting boundaries with my husband has also helpedI learned a safety plan if anything in the future occurs. Origin SC, thank you for helping me see me for how great I am truly! I would highly recommend these classes to any friend or family members. I look forward to taking the First Time Homebuyers class! Thanks again Origin and my counselor! Y’all are the best!”

“I was scared, I didn’t know what options I had. I was constantly giving in to my abuser and walking on eggshells trying to make him happy and have him leave my children and I alone. My friends were frustrated with me, but his family and our church was telling us that divorce was bad and I should just forgive him. As stressful as it was, I’m grateful that DSS showed up at my apartment and referred me to Origin SC because for the first time, I heard the truth about my situation without judgement and was given everything I needed to succeed. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment