-->

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Meet the Staff: Sarah Cornwall


What drew you to Origin SC originally? And how has the organization changed since?


I was looking to do service with Americorps VISTA and when Origin SC offered me a marketing position I jumped at the chance to be in a position that allowed me to be creative. 

From then to now SO MUCH has changed, as I’ve learned is common with nonprofits. Since I first started we’ve added and expanded programs, and it’s been exciting to see those programs develop and further serve our community. My favorite big change was rolling out an entire brand new website, I loved being able to see what that process was like, second would be our rebranding!


What has surprised you the most about working at Origin SC?

How big of an impact we make. From our Representative Payee, Conservator, and Homeless Prevention programs, to our Financial Education and Homeownership programs, it is truly wonderful how many individuals we help keep stable. I would of never known that these services were being provided in the community had I not been employed with Origin SC. Working for Origin SC also introduced me to other amazing nonprofits in the area and all they do to serve our community.

What is an experience that has really shaped who you are? 


I have so many, but I think my first life shaping experience was in high school doing a “Homestay” abroad program. Living with another family in a different country gave me new perspectives and set off a chain of decisions that has brought me to where and who I am today.

How has Origin SC helped you in your career development?


I would have never thought of entering into technology for my career, but that is the path I am currently on and it wouldn’t be so without Origin SC! They gave me the opportunity and challenge to take over their IT operations and I am so glad they did. 


What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?


I think sticking on my current career path with technology; it’s a long and often confusing road. Narrowing down a specialty field and career in technology can be daunting. There is always learning to be done and it can feel overwhelming and unattainable on some days, but I’ve managed so far and I’m excited to see where this path will take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment