-->

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Meet the Staff: Elizabeth Wincenciak

WHAT DREW YOU TO ORIGIN SC ORIGINALLY? AND HOW HAS THE ORGANIZATION CHANGED SINCE?


My good friend (Kristin Bastian) worked here before I did, and when there was a position available that I was interested in, I applied and got it. I started out as a rep payee counselor and really enjoyed working with the clients; it was an eye opening experience that taught me a lot. 


What has surprised you the most about working at Origin SC?
I don’t think anything surprises me anymore. I have dealt with a lot of interesting scenarios over the past 4 years. I enjoy helping our clients through difficult situations and helping them towards success and stability. 


What is an experience that has really shaped who you are? 

I think a lot of the clients and families that I have helped have shaped me in some way. Everybody’s story is humbling, and it makes me realize that we all need to be grateful for the things that we have, even if we don’t have much. 


How has Origin SC helped you in your career development?

I kind of fell into my current position here at Origin SC in December 2013, and I think that it is the right fit for me. I enjoy what I do very much. Origin SC has always been very supportive of me, and I appreciate that. 


What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?

I am very proud of all of the individuals that I have helped get into their own place or helped to stay in their own place. Everyone needs a little bit of help sometimes, and the fact that I played a role in helping these individuals is a great feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment