-->

Friday, September 9, 2016

Meet the Staff: Paige Morris

What drew you to Origin SC originally? And how has the organization changed since?


I sent my resume in response to an open position not knowing anything about the organization, just the position they were looking to fill.  When I realized that I had applied to a non-profit I was skeptical but interviewed anyway.  After the interview, I was intrigued by all the different lines of service that Origin was involved in and was surprised at the benefits offered to the staff.  They were much better than I had found in the private sector.  I have seen the organization grow, shrink, and grow again in my 9 years with the company.  I have seen them constantly evolve the services offered and add new ones as the needs of the community changed. 


What has surprised you the most about working at Origin SC?

I am continually surprised at the caring spirit of our staff and the welcoming we receive in the community. We service clients in the community at all stages on their path to financial stability and our staff is always encouraging, uplifting, and genuinely concerned for those we serve and the community as a whole. 

What is an experience that has really shaped who you are? 

I cannot define one experience that has shaped me.  I believe that every experience and person encountered during a lifetime leaves an impression on us and through those impressions, good or bad, molds us into who we are. 


How has Origin SC helped you in your career development?

Working at Origin SC has provided me with opportunities that I would have never had at my last employer.  The Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer have mentored me and allowed me to further develop the skills I had as well as helped me to gain new skills and experiences by sharing their experience and knowledge with me. 


What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?

I am most proud of the many blessings I have received.  Throughout my life, I have made mistakes, experienced the loss of loved ones, friends and pets, and  experienced financial difficulties.   In spite of all of these trials and tribulations I have been blessed with loyal and supportive family, friends, colleagues and communities who have seen me through the tough times and helped me overcome them all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment